Wednesday 22 June 2011

Shellac Nails


I've had the Shellac process done on my nails twice now. Each time they have gone over very well. I love it so much. For those of you who don't know what Shellac is, it is a nail treatment with the properties of gel polishes, but are much less harmful on the same scale as regular polishes. The process is quite quick. When I had this done I also had my eyebrows done. From the time I entered the salon to the time my nail were dry was just 45 minutes. If you think about it, it would be about 10 minutes tops for my eyebrows and then a walk to the nail area, it probably took 30 minutes for my nails to be completely ready. I'll go over the process with you quickly.

I sat down at the table and had my nails filed and shaped, and my cuticles cleaned up. After that was done (took maybe 10 minutes tops), the uv curer was pulled out. She did the base coat on my first hand and put it into the uv light for 10 seconds while doing the other hand and then they switched places. At this point she started the first coat of my white tips for my french manicure each hand cured for 2 minutes. Then she did the second coat of white and cured each hand for 2 minutes. At this point the colour coats were finished. All that was left was the top coat. Once the top coat was applied each hand was cured for 2 minutes. She then took a cotton pad soaked in alcohol and cleaned off the sticky film that was left. My nails were DRY by this point. She then took a lotion and moisturized my entire arm and hand.

Overall I love this process. It is still quite expensive with french tips, I paid 63$ CAD. I'm glad that they last 14-21 days because spending that much on a weekly basis would be horrible.

To remove all you need is nail polish remover with a high acetone concentration. What you do is you take a cotton ball soak it in the polish remover and then place it on your nail and wrap your finger and the cotton ball with tin foil to add a slight bit of heat. You leave this on for 10 mins and then rub off any excess and you should be fine.

My reccomendation to everyone is to get this process done if only for a special occasion. The only down side is that you have to be able to commit to one colour for a minimum of 2 weeks. You can also purchase the products for this process for your home as well if you really want to learn how to do it.

Have fun Shellacking!

2 comments:

  1. I wished they had this where I live (Indonesia) :(
    Ahh your nails look amazing! <3
    Anyways hope you could check out my blog sometime :)
    http://beautylovesandhates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can always buy the supplies and do it for yourself, it is a fairly new process, If you decide to buy any of the products, here is a link for the supplies
    http://shellacnailscnd.com/shellac-nails-supplies

    ReplyDelete