Monday 27 June 2011

Throughout the Years Birth to pre-school (Birth-4yrs)


I was born on January 2nd, 1991. At the time my big sister was 5. From what I've heard I was a pretty happy baby, not overly fussy and didn't cry. That changed however when I was about 3 months old and my mother took me to Florida with my grandparents. One night, everyone got up and went to a restaurant for dinner, also probably the first time I had been in a restaurant. Well from what I learned it was loud in there and I just started crying uncontrollably, nothing would sooth me. It turned out that my mother and my grandfather had to eat in shifts. My mom ate first while my grandfather stayed outside the restaurant with me and then when my mother was finished eating they switched. The next time I was crying to the point where there was no consoling me was when I was about 5-6 months old. My parents were getting ready to go out for dinner. It was the first time they were going to the be going out alone since I had been born. So they were just about ready to leave and I just started bawling. They didn't know what was wrong with me. They tried feeding me, wasn't the problem. They tried singing me to sleep, didn't help. The baby sitter had shown up as well. They didn't want to leave me crying like that with the babysitter there. My parents decided to just stay home. So they packed me up and took me to the doctors to see if there was something wrong with me (if I was sick). By the time we got to the doctor's office, I was fine no more crying nothing. Turns out I just didn't want my parents to leave me, so I cried until they decided to stay with me.

I started walking at 8 months. It was at that moment that my mother realised she could not take her eyes off of me. In the house all the chairs had to be kept upside down or else I would push them around the house to a counter and start climbing. It was like that until I was about 3 or 4.

We moved to my current house when I was just 18 months old. I don't remember much from the move however. As I had said, my mother could not take her eyes off of me after I started walking.  After moving my mom was getting ready to shower and had me in the bathroom with me and I for some reason thought it would be fun to run away from mommy and ended up tripping over my own feet and laded head first into the corner of the cabinet. I had to be rushed to the hospital and got stitches. To this day I still have a scar on my forehead. Since my birthday is early in the year, I started preschool at the age of 3 and finished at 4. It seems a lot older than many of the children who are in Preschool, but it was ok.

My best friend at the time was a little girl who I'll call KM. (I'm going to use initials throughout this series just so I can keep anonymity.) We did everything together. My mom even baby sat her right up until we both started Kindergarten.

That's pretty much all there is that I can think of saying about those 3-4 years of my life. I'll try and get kindergarten up as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment